Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gaming Xmas 2014





Shadow Of Mordor PS4
This was my annual video game gift from my mother. I heard it was good even though it wasn't on my radar I figured let her get this for me so I don't have to take the risk. Boy was I surprised! This absolutely was the game of Xmas this year. I played it constantly in the time I was off for the holiday. It is so fun. It doesn't seem like it does anything super different than other open-world games but it really comes together here.

Lego The Hobbit PS4
I recently played and beat a few other older Lego games so I am putting this one on the back burner for now until I feel like it's time to play another Lego game. I'm sure it's great and fun and even an easy Platinum but I need a break.

South Park: The Stick Of Truth PS3
This was the other game I put in a ton of time in while I was off. I like the show and all (even though I don't regularly watch it) and this game was very well done but I didn't feel it was hilarious or anything. I may have chuckled a few times but never did I guffaw. I am happy I experienced it but now that it's over with I feel very meh about it. The butt probe part was insane and so was the battling a dwarf boss character on your parents bed while there were having sex. They definitely continue to push boundaries. I think they included pretty much every main character you can think of in this game. If you're a fan you definitely shouldn't miss this.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch PS3
I was holding off on this until I cleared off a few other games because I knew what type of game this was (because it took me so long to post this I have gotten to it now). Again I am surprised and pleasantly so at this game. The animation and story and fantasy aspects are breath-taking. I should have know though, it's a Level-5 game. If you know them that's all I need to say. I look forward to experiencing the rest of this game.

Super Smash Bros Wii U
I have been jamming on the 3DS version of this for a while now so finally getting to play this was not a major event. The HD is booooootiful and I like some of the mode changes they did to improve things. For the first time in series history I feel I have a shot at maybe getting all the trophies. Just imagine having all of them come out as amiibos. :O

Rayman Legends Wii U
I know we wanted to get and play this game when Wii U first came out but not wanting to pay $60 for it. I got it because it finally fell in an accepted price range but I really haven't played it yet.

Epic Mickey Power Of Illusion 3DS
Ale got me this after she saw it on one of her coupon deal sites. It was like $5-6 so you can't just pass that up. I like it but it is not entrancing enough to keep me playing.


Petz Bunneh Bunch DS Ale
I got this as a bunneh gift for Ale. I thought she would be like it but it seemed her interest waned very quickly. Poor Bunbun.

Fry Cry 4 PS4 Boy
This game was also not on my radar at all. The boy had a gift card from his birthday and I told him I could only compensate the rest if he got a PS4 game. Why buy an inferior PS3 version? He wanted Call Of Doodie at first but then he changed his mind to this. I watched him for a while before I played it but I like it. Open world, I like the 'hunting wild animals' part of it, the rest is just standard fare but good. It reminds me a lot of a next gen Just Cause,


2015

I want Zelda U. Obviously. Will pick up Majora's Mask too although without the awesome Skull Kid statue.

Also looking forward to Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4 and Metal Gear: Phantom Pain.

Witcher: Wild Hunt is on my radar but I have yet to commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment